Umrah, when it is performed independent of Hajj is OPTIONAL.
- • Umrah can be performed at anytime throughout the whole year.
Umrah Rites: Particular Rites for FIRST Umrah (outline)
- You should enter in city Makkah in a state of Ihram.
• Proceed to Masjid-ul-Haram in order to perform Tawaaf (circumambulation).
• After completing Tawaaf, pray 2 rakaat behind Muqaam-e-Ibraheem and drink water of Zamzam.
• You then move to the hill of safa and marwa perform Saaee.
• In the end, complete the final ritual of your Umrah by shaving your head hair. It is preferred for men to shave their head completely. Women have to clip at least one and a half inch of their hair.
Rites for SUBSEQUENT Umrah (outline):
- Leave for the Meqaat from city Makkah.
• Take a ritual bath and then put on the Ihram.
• Perform 2 Rakaat namaz at the station of Meqaat and make the Niyyat for performing Umrah.
• While reciting the Talbiyah, proceed back to Makkah.
• When you reach Makkah, perform circumambulation or Tawaaf.
• After completing Tawaaf, perform 2 Rakaat behind Muqaam-e-Ibraheem, drink Zamzam water, and perform Saaee.
• End your Umrah by passing the razor or blade over your head so any new stubs of hair are completely shaved off. Women must also clip at least one and a half inch of hair every time after performing Umrah.
Umrah In The Month of Ramadan:
Prophet Muhammad, (PBUH) has said:
“To perform Umrah in Ramadan is like performing Hajj in my company.”
The reward for performing Umrah in the month of Holy Ramadan is equal in reward to a Hajj. Umrah is NOT a substitute for Hajj. Hajj is obligatory to perform once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage, Whereas performing Umrah is a sunnah.
Umrah travel and arrangements are quite similar to Hajj travel and arrangements.
The Rulings for Hajj and Umrah:
The major point of dissimilarity between the Hajj and Umrah is the fact that Hajj is among the 5 pillars of Islam. ALLAH Almighty has made it obligatory for all the Muslims to perform Hajj at-least once in their life span. As mentioned by ALLAH Almighty in the Holy Quran, verse 3:97;
In it are clear signs [such as] the standing place of Abraham. And whoever enters it shall be safe. And [due] to ALLAH from the people is a pilgrimage to the House – for whoever is able to find thereto a way. But whoever disbelieves – then indeed, ALLAH is free from need of the worlds.
In case of Umrah, it is a Sunnah to perform. Hajj is considered as the major pilgrimage, having more religious importance as compared to Umrah.
Umrah Packages 2017 with Flights from UK.is one of the authorized Hajj and Umrah travel agent based in UK offers a range of